Knauf stands for opportunity. We know that opportunity looks different to each person and we are proud that we see opportunity in everyone. This exciting role within the Accounting Team could be the perfect next opportunity for you to build a unique career, in a values-led culture with a clear purpose of making tomorrow a home for all of us.
We are a global manufacturer of construction materials and within our Group, our 40,000 team members in 96 countries across 300 plants provide a huge opportunity for anyone with ambition and energy. We value everyone's contribution equally and we ask that you bring your whole self to work, to enrich the business further, as together we achieve more in a safe and inclusive environment.
KNAUF GREECE is proud to be part of the Knauf Group. We have a 32 year heritage in gypsum manufacturing and have big plans for the future. Our global reach in more than 96 countries continues to grow and we are looking for passionate, ambitious people to help us achieve our goals. We are all led by the same core values and believe in the powerful potential of large companies to have a positive impact on the world. We are now looking for another team mate to join us in our Athens Headquarters as a Junior Accountant.
Can you say ‘yes’?...
Do you treat your colleagues with respect?
Do you always have the customer in mind?
Do you act with future generations in mind?
Do you like to seek out opportunities to grow and develop?
Do you have a proven track record of delivering results?
Your core responsibilities include daily and monthly tasks, such as accounting postings and reconciliations (customers, vendors, banks). You will be involved in many operations of the department and communication with third parties.
What you’ll be doing:
- Prepare journal entries
- Complete general ledger operations
- Support monthly and year-end closing procedures
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts
- Prepare analysis of accounts upon request
- Monitor accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Account/bank reconciliations and resolve any discrepancies
- Review and process expense reports
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures
What we’d love for you to have:
We are interested in you as a person: your attitude, behaviors and values. As long as you have the willingness to learn anything you need for the role that you don't already have, we'd love to speak to you. If you have experience in the following areas – this is an added advantage:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 0-3 years of relevant experience
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office (especially EXCEL)
- Excellent command of English
- Experience in SAP ERP System (FI) will be considered as a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, problem analysis and problem-solving skills required
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required
- Compensation: According to qualifications
- Private healthcare insurance
What happens next?
We appreciate that your time is precious and applying for a new job can be a lengthy process - so we have committed to replying to your application within five working days.